Friday, November 07, 2008

My opinion (read at your own risk) :)

So I love election years. I love the spark of debate. The call to search for the goodness. The fire that alights in people to move toward something better. I am so thankful to a heavenly father who gives us agency to choose for ourselves and think for ourselves. I don't think politics are black and white cut and dry. I believe that there are many things to consider and we need to be open-minded. I took a quiz that had quotes on policies from both McCain and Obama. You didn't know who said what and you had to pick the idea you agreed with most. I agreed with both on different issues. I get frustrated by those who paint them good and evil. Many people I have come in contact with this election year seemed to think that voting for one party or the other made you evil. Some people actually act like it is a sin to vote for someone other than who they support. I wish to end this with a plea to everyone remember Heavenly Father has given us our agency to search out for ourselves who we believe would be best at this time. I hope everyone will embrace the spark of debate and give each side a chance. Don't be so close-minded that you miss out on something great. And please above all respect other peoples opinions. We are all different and the fact that we are different gives us the opportunity to put our strengths to work and make this world a better place. Ok I am done :) Sorry this has been on my mind and I thought I would vent to all the people who hopefully love me no matter what. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! I totally agree.

Our Family said...

I so agree. Thanks for your opinion :)